RIBA London Building of the Year Award: Victoria & Albert Museum Exhibition Road Quarter by AL_A. Photo: Hufton+Crow.
61 buildings of all shapes, sizes, and budgets have been honored with a 2018 RIBA London Awardbestowed annually for architectural excellence by the Royal Institute of British Architects. The winning projects were selected from a shortlist of 93 buildings with 208 initial entries.
Top honors, the RIBA London Building of the Year Award, went to two outstanding projects: the Victoria & Albert Museum Exhibition Road Quarter by AL_A as well as the Royal Academy of Music, Susie Sainsbury Theatre and Angela Burgess Recital Hall by Ian Ritchie Architects.
Find the complete list of winners and a selection of images below.
RIBA London Building of the Year Award: Royal Academy of Music, Susie Sainsbury Theatre and Angela Burgess Recital Hall by Ian Ritchie Architects. Photo: Adam Scott.
RIBA London Small Project Award: Red House by 31/44 Architects. Photo: Rory Gardiner.
- 15 Clerkenwell Close by Amin Taha + Groupwork
- 25 Savile Row by Piercy&Company
- 53 Great Suffolk Street by HawkinsBrown
- 70 Wilson by Astudio Ltd
- Abell and Cleland by DSDHA with EPR Architects (Delivery Architect)
RIBA London Sustainability Award: The Sekforde by Chris Dyson Architects. Photo: Peter Landers.
- Alex Monroe Workshop by DSDHA
- Belvue School Woodland Classrooms by Studio Weave
- Bethnal Green Memorial by Arboreal Architecture
- Black Stone Buildings by 6a architects
- Bloomberg, London by Foster + Partners
Bloomberg, London by Foster + Partners. Photo: Nigel Young.
- Brentford Lock West Block E by Mae with White Ink Architects & Claude Maguire
- Bridge Theatre by Haworth Tompkins
- Caroline Place by Amin Taha + Groupwork
- Central Parade by Gort Scott
- Chadwick Hall by Henley Halebrown
Riverlight by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners with EPR Architects. Photo: Anthony Coleman.
- Charles Dickens School by Maccreanor Lavington
- Dartmouth Park House by AY Architects
- De Beauvoir Block by Henley Halebrown
- Faraday House by dRMM with Simpson Haugh
- Fitzrovia House by Carmody Groarke
Faraday House by dRMM with Simpson Haugh. Photo: Andy Stagg.
- Gasholder Park by Bell Phillips Architects
- Gasholders London by Wilkinson Eyre with Jonathan Tuckey Design
- Gin Distillery by Open Practice Architecture
- Grange Primary School by Maccreanor Lavington
- Hackney Town Hall by HawkinsBrown
Hackney Town Hall by HawkinsBrown. Photo: Siobhan Doran.
- Hazelhurst Court by Levitt Bernstein
- Ivydale Primary School by HawkinsBrown
- Kings Crescent Estate Phases 1 and 2 by Karakusevic Carson Architects and Henley Halebrown
- Kingsgate Primary Lower School by Maccreanor Lavington Architects
- Knox Bhavan Studio by Knox Bhavan Architects
- Marlborough Primary School by Dixon Jones
- No1 New Oxford Street by Orms
The Makers House by Liddicoat & Goldhill. Photo: Simon Watson for House & Garden.
- R7, Kings Cross by Duggan Morris Architects with Weedon Architects
- Red House by 31/44 Architects
- Riverlight by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners with EPR Architects
- Royal Academy of Music – The Susie Sainsbury Theatre and The Angela Burgess Recital Hall by Ian Ritchie Architects Limited
- Royal Albert Wharf Phase 1 by Maccreanor Lavington with detailed design by RMA Architects
- Salters Hall by De Metz Forbes Knight Architects
- Sandringham Central at Sandringham Primary School by Walters & Cohen Architects
Shaftesbury Theatre by Bennetts Associates. Photo: Peter Cook.
- Shaftesbury Theatre by Bennetts Associates
- South Gardens by Maccreanor Lavington
- St Augustines Church by Roz Barr Architects
- St James Market by Make Architects
- Streatham and Clapham High School – Phase One and Two by Cottrell and Vermeulen Architecture
- Sutherland Road by Levitt Bernstein
- The Bourne Estate by Matthew Lloyd Architects
Kings Crescent Estate Phases 1 and 2 by Karakusevic Carson Architects and Henley Halebrown. Photo: Peter Landers.
- The Department Store by Squire and Partners
- The Leadenhall Building by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners
- The Makers House by Liddicoat & Goldhill
- The Sekforde by Chris Dyson Architects
- Turner’s House by Butler Hegarty Architects
- University of Roehampton Library by Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios
- Upper Richmond Road by Allford Hall Monaghan Morris
Alex Monroe Workshop by DSDHA. Photo: Luca Miserocchi.
- VEX by Chance de Silva & Scanner
- Victoria and Albert Museum Exhibition Road Quarter by AL_A
- Victoria and Albert Museum Members’ Room by Carmody Groarke
- Victoria Hall King’s Cross by Stanton Williams
- Walthamstow Wetlands by Witherford Watson Mann Architects
- Waterloo Community Farm by Feilden Fowles Architects
- Weston Street by Allford Hall Monaghan Morris
- White Collar Factory by Allford Hall Monaghan Morris
All winning buildings now have a chance at claiming also RIBA National Awards, to be announced here on June 21.
Some current competitions on Bustler that may interest you…
HOME Competition 2018
Register by Tue, Jul 31, 2018
Submit by Wed, Aug 1, 2018
Shaking Up Havana’s Malecon
Register/Submit by Tue, Sep 11, 2018
Great Kemeri Bog Visitor Center
Register by Fri, Oct 12, 2018
Submit by Thu, Nov 8, 2018
Laka Competition 2018: “Architecture that Reacts”
Register by Thu, Nov 1, 2018
Submit by Fri, Nov 2, 2018