- What: The 2018 Community Cup, sponsored by Santiburi Members and Friends (SMAF), for all golfers in the greater Chiang Rai Golf Community. The date, Monday March 26, is the day AFTER the final round of the Singha Masters professional golf tournament. The course set-up and conditions will be identical to the final round pro set-up and conditions. Let’s play like the pros!
- When: March 26, 2018, First group tees off at 8:32 AM (Please be at the course to register and pay by 8:00 AM)
- Stableford Stroke Play with Handicaps (see below)
- Non-Member Green Fees B1,000 (payable to the pro-shop on the day of the tournament)
- Caddy Fee B300 (payable to the pro-shop on the day of the tournament)
- Cart Fee (Optional) B600 (payable to the pro-shop on the day of the tournament)
- Competition Entry Fee B200 (contribution for tournament expenses/prizes – Please Pay John “5Points” Cates on the day of the tournament)
- Total (non-member) cost: B1,500 – B2,100
- Please respond to this blog post (if you receive it in e-mail), or send an e-mail to newSantiburiMAF@gmail.com with your name, phone number, e-mail address, and handicap information (or, if you compete regularly with SMAF or Chiang Rai Golfers, please indicate such, and we will get your handicap from those sources). Please also indicate any personal grouping preferences, with as much detail as possible (e.g., “I plan to play with Jim Smith, Bob Jones, and Tom Ford”. In such a case, it would be best to send a single e-mail registering all four participants.
Marking Score Cards
- One score card per participant – we are having a random draw at the end for players who have not yet won a prize
- Do not mark your own card – ask a playing partner to mark your card, and you can mark your partner’s card or another participants card
- You should also keep your own score for verification purposes
- Please write down the GROSS SCORE on each hole, and the STABLEFORD SCORE. If you are not familiar with our Stableford scoring system, please simply write the GROSS SCORE and we will figure it out at the end.
- Please write clearly. Please write the Gross Score and Stableford score as numbers ONLY.
- The number of points awarded on each hole is determined based on comparison of the number of strokes taken to par, adjusted in relation to the player’s handicap (net score).
|5||Double Eagle (Albatross)|
|6||Triple Eagle (Double Albatross)|
- For example, if a player has a handicap of 9, he would deduct one stroke from his score on each of the nine most difficult holes (handicap rating 1 through 9) and deduct zero strokes from his score for all other holes (handicap rating 10 through 18). If he scored a bogey on the most difficult hole (handicap rating 1), his net score would be par, and his Stableford score for that hole would be 2 points. If he scored a bogey on the easiest hole (handicap rating 18), his net score would be a bogey, and his Stableford score for that hole would be 1 point.
- Once players have taken two strokes more than a net par, they may abandon the hole and move on to the next, as it is not possible to score any points on that hole. Because of this, it is still possible to be competitive even allowing for a few bad holes. Please pick up your ball if you cannot score points, to keep groups moving in a timely manner.
- At the end of the round, the number of points scored on each hole is totaled to give a final score. The winner of a Community Cup is the player with the highest Stableford point total.
- Those that compete regularly with SMAF will use that handicap.
- Those that don’t have #1 but play regularly with Chiang Rai Golfers will use their Chiang Rai Golfers handicap.
- Those that don’t have either #1 or #2 may use a recognized handicap (such as USGA).
- Those that don’t play very often and don’t have a proper handicap may make one up. The tournament organizers will accept it as long as it is believable.
Groups and Drawing of Groups
- You are free to form your own groups (3 or 4 players per group). Please respond to this e-mail with your preferred grouping. We will be quite happy to assist those that need to be placed with a group. If you intend on playing we would appreciate it if you reply to this email as soon as possible so we can get an idea of how many will be participating this year.
- On Saturday, March 24, we will conduct a draw to assign participants to groups, and we will publish the draw so people are aware of their grouping. We reserve the right to modify the groupings due to cancellations, late registrations, or personal requests. We will do our best to accommodate group requests to the extent possible. Your cooperation and understanding would be greatly appreciated!
- Highest Stableford Score, 1st through 4th place (4 prizes)
- Hole Prizes (12 Prizes). Depending on the size of the field, we are going to try to limit the prizes to one (or two) prize per participant, in order to spread the prizes around.
- Hole #3, Closest to the Pin, White Tee and Blue Tee (2 Prizes) (We will add a Red Tee prize if there are sufficient female participants)
- Hole #4, Closest Approach on 2nd Shot (must be on the green), White Tee (1 Prize)
- Hole #7, Closest to the Pin, White Tee and Blue Tee (2 Prizes) (We will add a Red Tee prize if there are sufficient female participants)
- Hole #8, Closest Approach, 2nd Shot (must be on the green), Blue Tee (1 Prize)
- Hole #12, Closest to the Pin, Rundown, White or Blue Tee (2 Prizes)
- Hole #13, Longest Drive, White Tee (must be in the fairway) (1 Prize)
- Hole #16, Longest Drive, Blue Tee (must be I the fairway) (1 Prize)
- Hole #17, Closest to the Pin, Rundown, White or Blue Tee (2 Prizes)
- Random Drawing Prizes (as appropriate)