The North Dakota State University women’s golf team is slated to open play in The Summit League Women’s Golf Championship Sunday, April 22, at ArborLinks Golf Course in Nebraska City, Neb. The Bison finished third at last season’s league championship.
Tee times each day will begin at 8 a.m. The 54-hole tournament takes place from April 22-24, with the course being played at 6,261 yards and scoring set at a par 72.
Live stats for each round of the Summit League golf championships are available at Golfstat.com. Results and video recaps will be available at GoBison.com following each round of the tournament. For more information on the Summit League golf championships, visit the conference tournament central page at TheSummitLeague.org.
- Senior Natalie Roth leads the team and The Summit League with a 73.32 scoring average over 25 rounds entering tournament play. Roth has two tournament victories (Omaha Invitational, Sept. 1-2; Pat Lesser-Harbottle Invitational, Oct. 16-17) and seven top-five showings in nine tournaments on the season.
- Entering the tournament, Roth ranks second in career scoring average at North Dakota State with a 75.05 average in 114 rounds (Amy Anderson is the all-time leader at 73.21 in 118 rounds).
- Junior Emma Groom ranks second on the team with a 76.19 scoring average in 16 rounds entering the tournament. She is coming off her first collegiate tournament victory after winning the Kansas City Intercollegiate in a playoff April 10. Through 60 career rounds, she is third on the career scoring average list with a 77.32 average.
- Freshmen Taylor McCorkle (76.56 scoring average in 25 rounds) and Alexis Thomas (76.80 scoring average over 25 rounds) are third and fourth on the team and 11th and 12th in the league in scoring coming into The Summit League tournament. They both have two top-10 performances this season.
- Sophomore Sierra Bennion is fifth on the team and 21st in the league with a 78.38 scoring average through 21 rounds. She has two top-10 finishes, including winning the Wildflower Cobber Invitational as an individual Sept. 9-10.
- The Bison have won four tournaments this season — the second-most team titles in program history. The program record for team tournament championships is five and was set during the 2012-13 season.
- NDSU established a new program record 54-hole team score of 878 at the Battle at Old Works Sept. 12 and a new 36-hole record with a team score of 596 at the Kansas City Intercollegiate April 10.
- North Dakota State is on pace to set a new team single-season scoring average record for the seventh time in the last eight years. The Bison have a team average of 302.8 entering the league championship.
NDSU Projected Summit League Championship Lineup
Full NDSU Roster
About The Summit League
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of nearly 100,000 at eight institutions, including three located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University, with the University of North Dakota becoming an official member on July 1, 2018. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced nine NCAA Champions, and over 100 All-America selections, 80 Academic All-Americans, and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website and follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague.